My Soul Likes This




My soul reminded me of what it likes today.

It reminded me that it likes it when I allow my body to wake itself up, without the torturous sound of my alarm.

It likes it when I ease into the day with no real plan, no to-do list, no commitments and no responsibilities.

My soul loves it when I step outside my front door and my cheeks are met by a soft warm breeze; a gentle reminder that I am alive at this present moment.

It loves it when the sun not only warms me up but also melts away anxiety, worry and sadness almost immediately when I've just stepped out for the first time. 

My soul cherishes the sweet melodies of birds. What a masterpiece! 

It loves it when I'm in nature surrounded by nothing but mountains, hills, streams of water, strange looking flowers and dry grass.  

My soul leaps for joy when I'm strolling between the aisles at a bookstore looking for my next read. It just settles; reminding me how much it loves this.

It loves it when I treat myself to a solo date. Loves it more when the date is at a rustic, small and old coffee shop selling nothing fancy but just small treats and good coffee or warm tea from a rustic teapot.

My soul enjoys watching me get excited when a café has a vegan pantry.

My soul loves hearing random compliments from strangers. 

It loves it when I have an impromptu conversation with a stranger who somehow gets me and understands me the way a childhood friend would. My soul jumps for joy when it finds the stranger's soul relatable.

My soul cherishes the cheap thrills that I sometimes have with a few good friends. 

This soul of mine loves it when I laugh. 

It loves the way I love Jesus. It loves a gathering of believers. It loves it when I open up my home (stepping outside my comfort zone) to host a few friends.

My soul loves and cherishes a lot of things I do for it. 

It asked me today why I've been depriving it of what it loves. I almost answered to say it's because I'm busy. Then before I even answered, It reminded me that I prioritize what I treasure the most. That's the truth.

I know my soul wants me to do better. I want to do better.

This, my soul will love.


Warmly,

Grace





Comments

Popular Posts